Hero12 + housing vs. iPhone 15 Pro Max + Seatouch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm curious which of those 2 rigs would be best for a complete amateur. I realize that there's a massive price difference, and the Hero12 also has the edge in terms of bulk. The iPhone probably (?) has the edge in terms of image quality, but I don't know if it's a night and day difference or an incremental one. What do you people think?

If you want great video plus photos, and you want to shoot everything from super wide to near macro, then go with the iPhone, but skip the sealife case. It requires an app that isn’t as good as the included camera app. Instead get the divevolk case.

If you’re mostly interested in video, then stick with the GoPro. The hero12 takes fantastic video

Yeah, I was only considering Seatouch, the Divevolk case, for the iPhone.

Using a Dive Volk housing that gives you full access to everything a new model iPhone would be better as the apps can do a lot for helping filming.

That being said I don't trust those cases with a primary phone.

To some other points being made: while the risk is low, there’s always the chance you could loose or flood your “camera”. If the thought of being phoneless during a trip is unacceptable, then go with the GoPro. The hero12 is fantastic. My wife has one and the video is phenomenal. Photos are good enough for online sharing too. The iPhone is more flexible and shoots better though.

To some other points being made: while the risk is low, there’s always the chance you could loose or flood your “camera”. If the thought of being phoneless during a trip is unacceptable, then go with the GoPro. The hero12 is fantastic. My wife has one and the video is phenomenal. Photos are good enough for online sharing too. The iPhone is more flexible and shoots better though.
Hi,

I am also considering the Divevolk housing but want to be able to use my strobes. My phones flash is able to trigger my strobes and was thinking of using some type of mask and fiber optic attachment to the front of the case to make it work. Do any of you know whether this could work or not? My phone is a S24 ultra which I would like as a backup for my mirrorless system. I would operate the strobes in manual mode so no TTL needed.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom