Hertz in Westpunt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TouchO'Gray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there a Hertz car rental office in Westpunt, Curacao? I'd rather rent there than at the airport... Thanks! June 27-July 4 -- at Lodge Kura Hulanda and can hardly wait!

So then how do you propose to GET from the airport to/from Westpunt?
THINK about this fer a minute...

They have two locations on the island: at the airport and at the Breezes Resort.
You can mail them at hertz-curacaoATinterneeds.net [replace 'AT' by '@' to get a valid address] for further information.

I take it you've never been to Westpunt...:D

fwiw, a cab from the Airport to LKH is about $60 one way.

Rent a car and drive out, you're going to need a car to get to any shore diving other than Playa Kalki/Alice in Wonderland.
Playa Lagun is a good dive. And Porto Mari a little farther away. Playa Jeremi and the "Gnips" are also close by.

Last edited:
It's true. You'll save money by renting and returning the car at the airport. All the major car rental agencies are located at the airport including Budget and National. Be sure to bring a print out of your confirmation or they will try to charge you a higher rate.

Thanks, all. We're staying at Kura Hulanda, and transfers are included. (Indeed, I have given it some thought, Wiz...). I'm renting a car for the second half of our stay and didn't know if there was a rental counter in Westpunt. I've not been there before. My only prior visit was at Sunset Waters.

Looking forward to dinner next weekend with you, Sunshine. tom

Westpunt is a pretty small town. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that you can rent a car at LKH though. If not, take their shuttle into Willemsted and rent one there. Might even be able to get the shuttle driver to drop you at the airport, they probably go by there - at least the rotary south of the airport...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom