Hey LED'S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
No posts in over a month :confused:

What do you have planned for this year??

Just so ya know.... DD's web address has changed. It's now, http://ddwny.com/

Check out the dive calendar. There are a lot of charters with Osprey this year :D

Me?
I'll be helping out with the Scuba Challenge and/or classes for the next 2 months :)
I'm hoping to get more diving in this year on Lake Erie's deeper wrecks :D
also some trips to the 1000 Islands :eyebrow:
Of course my wife, son, and I will be at Dutch for DUI Demo Days and probably again for the 4rth of July :14:
We'll be doing our annual 2 week trip to Grand Bahama in October. It looks like we'll be a little earlier this year (before DEMA). We may have room (or can make more room) if anyone is interested! Possible dates are Oct 13 thru 27.

Rick

well... for 2007
I hope to get through at least advanced nitrox with DD, if not through deco, and helitrox and associated training dives.
More lake Erie dives with Ospery
10-12 dives on the St Peter again this year
As usual 2 or 3 trips to the 1000 islands
More exploration of the bottom of Lake Ontario, including some new sites i found last year and never got back too...
Planning a trip to West Palm Beach Fl in March
and were discussing a trip to Utilia in September with a group of friends.
In 2006 i did 75 dives. I hope to do 50-60 in 2007.

Now... I just gotta figure out to pay for it all.... LOL.

Dan

I have my usual "like to get 100 dives in", but from the looks of things, who knows. My main thing is to continue to drop weight and hopefully be able to be in great shape for the kick-off to the season "DUI Dog Days" at Dutch. Probably 50 dives is a more realistic goal, but we'll see.

I'm doing the scuba challenge!! I've started a new diet and have been dropping weight, so I will be in better shape this summer!! As I now have to pay the mortgage on the house I live in, I may not be going anywhere for diving except Lake Champlain. We've got the frist 2 weeks of july, anyone wanna come? I'll be DUI Dog days. Can't pass up that trip!

Dan-I'd love to actually see the Pete this year!! Instead of a sandy bottom!! Let me know when you start going out, I'll help with gas money!

I may have my dad's boat up here this year also. Anyone wanna try diving off a 30ft Chris Craft?

Sounds like we should take Heathers Boat, as mines only a 19' open bow.
If ya like semi boring stuff, i found an area I call "lighthouse reef" in lake ontario, its west of braddocks bay near the lighthouse beach road. Its basicly a clay deposit, with lot os funny holes and grooves in it. Its also a very rocky area, so theres some fish. I only dove it once last year (the day I found it) so I need to explore the area more. As i recall its only 20-30 foot range.

As for the St Peter, its one of my FAVORITE wrecks, but be prepared, its deep and its always cold, in the 40's on the wreck and kinda dark. And I believe it's truly haunted as the legend goes. I've had some real creepy dives on her (ok, probally narc'd but haunted makes a better story)

And for Utila, were no longer considering it..... Were BOOKED!!!!! I can't wait.

By the way, do you guys ever have meetings or anything, I'd love to meet ya'll.

Firediver32:
By the way, do you guys ever have meetings or anything, I'd love to meet ya'll.

We could............
The last time we tried we couldn't all agree on a time/place

I'll offer My Home or the back room at DD unless someone has a more convienient location. Sundays would work best for me. Or maybe a weeknight.

What do ya think gang??:D

It'd be great to have some events/dives planned for the coming season.

Heather can start her chant again...........

The Pete is calling.......the pete...the pete...the pete... the pete....

Sundays are good!! We could do Rick's house and bring a dish, have a brunch!! Discuss the drowning of Dan.... I mean Diving the Pete!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom