Hey Rick, I took your advice.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
You are now talking to the proud owner of a Drysuit. I may be floating upside down by my feet since I never dove one before, but at least I'll be warm :D

Oh yeah, it's a Abyss Explorer.

Cool!

Just be careful with it, those feet-first uncontrolled ascents from depth can be a real pain (literally). I suggest some in-pool training or definitely shallow diving until you get used to it. It's a lot different than using a wetsuit.

Well, I just got back from Discover Diving and I spent 2 hours sitting with Darryl and talking about my set-up and talking about my goals, So here's the jist of it. Busy summer - here's the plan we came up with. He thinks I should go Nitrox, Advance Nitrox and Heli-mix this summer. He thought it would be better going that route then any other. . . so it sounds like not going to have much free time this summer which I'm fine with. He couldn't believe we showed up in that snowstorm for our meeting on Sun.

Turns out they are going to be a Halcyon dealer too. I also walked out of there with a PST 119. What a great day. :D

I bet your bank account isn't happy with you!!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Well, I just got back for Discover Diving and I spent 2 hours sitting with Darryl and talking about my set-up and talking about my goals, So here's the jist of it. Busy summer - here's the plan we came up with. He thinks I should go Nitrox, Advance Nitrox and Heli-mix this summer. He thought it would be better going that route then any other. . . so it sounds like not going to have much free time this summer which I'm fine with. He couldn't believe we showed up in that snowstorm for our meeting on Sun.

Turns out they are going to be a Halcyon dealer too. I also walked out of there with a PST 119. What a great day. :D

Eric,

Sounds like a plan! I'd like to take Advanced Nitrox and Heli-mix myself.

Halcyon dealer? TOO F'in sweet! I'm going to give Darryl a call in a little bit myself!

I hope they remembered to give you the discounts he promised in the first meeting!!

Half off everything right?

Eric,

Congrats on the Drysuit!! Get some shallow practice in before you head for the deeper water. I'd be glad to help!

All,
Technical Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Helitrox is a great course!! I hope to be helping out with it!! I'm hoping for some St Lawrence trips to those Awesome wrecks.

I haven't heard about them being a Halcyon Dealer. Maybe they'll break the news at the Staff meeting tommorow night. I'll have to tease them about hearing it on the web, before hearing it from them!!! :wink:

Tavi:
Eric,

Congrats on the Drysuit!! Get some shallow practice in before you head for the deeper water. I'd be glad to help!

All,
Technical Nitrox, Deco Procedures, and Helitrox is a great course!! I hope to be helping out with it!! I'm hoping for some St Lawrence trips to those Awesome wrecks.

I haven't heard about them being a Halcyon Dealer. Maybe they'll break the news at the Staff meeting tommorow night. I'll have to tease them about hearing it on the web, before hearing it from them!!! :wink:

He brought Halcyon up because I brought in my B/P wing to talk about if I need an Argon bottle and where to mount, and he wanted to know why I chose Halcyon so I told him and he said the dealer application was on his desk and I told him that would be perfect because the nearest I know about is other side of Albany and somewhere in Ohio. So I guess we will see, but it sure sounds like a winner !

He did give me a discount on the courses since I'm planning to do all the courses. He said that they do have a dry suit course but we will see.

Never have I been to a dive shop and been treated so good before. Like I said he devoted 2 hours to me alone, I will clue you one thing, he will have all my bussiness from now on!

Lil' Irish Temper:
..................[snip]...................

Never have I been to a dive shop and been treated so good before. Like I said he devoted 2 hours to me alone, I will clue you one thing, he will have all my bussiness from now on!

That's how we ended up there.

Long ago, and Far away...........We were out that way and I rememberd seeing their name on the web. We called. Dallas said he was just closing but that he would wait for us. 3 hrs later we were still there talking. Yes, My wife and I were impressed. They have gotten all of my familys business since then. :)

You know he is good when I will deal with him as well! I have to get stuff MAILED to me. Daryll treated me right at Dutch Springs last year and on the new DUI Weight and Trim system that I use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom