Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the board. The Dive club is an excellent way to stay diving. There's a dive tomorrow at just add water boats, across Franklin Rd from the East shop. Diving starts at 1 pm, and there will be a bunch of people there to meet and talk to about your aspirations. Preston runs the club and he's here on scubaboard as well.

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?u=4081

He's about as active a diver as you will find around indy. I've taken classes from him and he's wonderful as an instructor. He's been teaching a very long time and has a great deal of wisdom to impart on us newbies. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info. I'm diving tomorrow at another location, so I will miss the festivities. Good luck, I hope to see you at a meeting soon!

Jason

Thanks so much for the info, I have not yet done my checkout dives, so I can't go dive with anyone yet until I do that, so tomorrow is kind of out of the question I think. I wish I could get them out of the way so I could go dive. I would definitely like more info on the dive club though. I will think about contacting Preston through this site and finding out some more info. I was planning a trip to Florida last month and then found out that they were going to charge me $300 just for checkout dives, so I'm kind of at a standstill on things right now until I can get that done!

forgive my ignorance...again. But is all this "hoosier" and "cow tipping" business and American thing. I getting very confused.

By the way jeepchick, excellent choice of equipment. I rely on my Aqualung regs for deepy stuff, just had to get rid of the bib though, looked like i was wearing a dummy all the time!!

Diving Doc:
forgive my ignorance...again. But is all this "hoosier" and "cow tipping" business and American thing. I getting very confused.
They call us Kentuckians "Hill Billies" ... I have no idea why. :rofl3:

-----

Mike.

Midnight Star:

-----

Mike.

They're just jealous because they can't figure out how to play bluegrass music. :D

Midnight Star:

-----

Mike.

We have "hillbillies" too, they live in Southern Indiana!

welcome. Your cold water training will serve you well. My check out dives in 1990 were done in a lake in Calgary in 1 degree celsius. We had to break ice from the shore to give us enough room to do our dives. Everything after that has been a breeze.
ben
www.theartofbenjamincaunt.com

Diving Doc:

Cow tipping is just American humour, and Hoosier is just a nickname for someone from Indiana. It's like calling someone from Liverpool a "Liverpudllian" or someone from Manchester a "Mancunian." Does that clear it up any for you?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom