Hi everyone from cold Indiana!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepchick:
We have "hillbillies" too, they live in Southern Indiana!
See ... us "hillbillies" aren't "inbred" after all - we're ... ummmm ..."diversified". :11: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Are ya' gearing up, and getting ready for a summer of diving fun? I can't wait to catch up for some diving either - the winter is going to be toooooo long for me!

-----

Mike.

Midnight Star:
See ... us "hillbillies" aren't "inbred" after all - we're ... ummmm ..."diversified". :11: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Are ya' gearing up, and getting ready for a summer of diving fun? I can't wait to catch up for some diving either - the winter is going to be toooooo long for me!

-----

Mike.

Yeah, I've got most of my equipment bought now, I'm just impatient and would like to try it out soon. I took the class and absolutely loved it, now I'm just ready to finish the cert. and get on with some diving! I hope to go to Florida sometime over the winter and get some diving in then. I don't really want to wait until summer to dive again, but I hate being cold, so.........

When you guys head that way, stop by here and grab me: me and my gear would be more than happy to ride shotgun :D - Now, how do I explain an "unscheduled" trip to the rest of my family ... let me work on that one. :eyebrow:

When I first bought my regs and BC, I went to a local pool here to try them out first. That way I could get accustomed to where everything was located, before I used them in the field. Just remember to bring your weights (mine were integrated) - I forgot mine, so in order to stay submerged I took down one of their navy diving bricks with me. :D

-----

Mike.

jeepchick:
Yeah, I've got most of my equipment bought now, I'm just impatient and would like to try it out soon.

And tell the truth...you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it....put it away...get it out later and do it again.....No shame. We all did it. :D

I hope to get into a pool before I go anywhere. I will have to ask at the LDS if I can get in on a pool session to try it out before I go anywhere. I hope they will allow that! My instructor has a bus he takes to Florida, so I hope to get in on that trip!

Hank49:
And tell the truth...you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it....put it away...get it out later and do it again.....No shame. We all did it. :D

Well,......actually, it's all in my closet and I look at it in there, I had to get it off the dining room table so we could eat :D
We do have a little money left for food now that I've bought all of it!

We do have a little money left for food now that I've bought all of it!
Ah, the heart and soul of a true diver ... once the diving vacations begin, it only gets better! :)

I bought my regulator first, and couldn't stand the idea of not being able to use it so bad, I went back the next week and bought my BC. Funny thing is, I can't stop going back ... then I found online shopping too ...

They should let you hop in the pool with the class if your certified, so you can check out your gear and swim around. I went by myself, but showed the lifeguards the gear and where everything was, before getting in the water. If something had happened, instead of trying to ditch weights, and/or inflating the BC, I mentioned just unbuckling two chest straps and pulling the cumberbund open ... it'll slip right off me. It was safe, and lots of people like seeing a diver in the water. I wish they'd let me go back more often, but if I did, i'd be afraid the high chlorine levels would start to fade my gear.

Crystal River is nice this time of year, just time it outside the cold fronts. I've read here that the manatees are seen on every trip. Since this was my "gear" year, next year, i'm going to try and schedule a trip there. :)

-----

Mike.

you lay all you new gear out on the living room floor and just.....look at it
I'd look at mine and imagine I was getting an emergency call ... slinging my loaded BC up and on, then off into the water I went, in kind of a standing, twisting back roll. :)

-----

Mike.

This looks like a good discussion thread. Where's the OP...?

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Don't want to do your dives there, huh? Can't blame you. Did your gear buys include a Safety Sausage & Storm Whistle? Don't get on a boat without 'em. And I'd suggest the Nitrox course before Aow. You can get it in Florida for less than $100/3 hours.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Replies without reading the Stickies for each forum. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom