Hi from Bermuda/Panama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bhartley

New
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm from Bermuda but I'm working in Panama for a few months with a company doing underwater logging. I'm looking for some advice on which gear and brands would be best suited for our work. Which board should I post in? Sorry I don't have much time to introduce myself properly.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben, I'm assuming that you're logging in Lake Gatun? At any rate, it would be helpful if you told us what kind of gear you are using (e.g. self contained, versus surface supplied, working depths, etc.).

howdy and welcome from southeast florida.......nice hat.

Ben, I'm assuming that you're logging in Lake Gatun? At any rate, it would be helpful if you told us what kind of gear you are using (e.g. self contained, versus surface supplied, working depths, etc.).

Lake Bayano. I was going to give all the details in another post in the proper subforum, but I can do it here if that's best.

Self contained, open circuit. Trying our best to stay in no-deco for normal operations. I've been told max depth is 100 ft, but I'm doing a dive there on Tuesday to see for myself. Twenty minutes is enough to do the bottom work for most small trees. The plan for the larger trees is to do the work in shifts and swap divers.

As we are just starting up we are planning to start with a team of 5. 1 boat man, 2 for cutting, and 2 for rigging flotation.

I was looking at Scubapro, but I just spoke the dive shop owner and he says Aqualung has much better support here. I mainly need help deciding which first and second stage to get. I need primary gear for the divers and regulators for the emergency deco bottles hanging on the shot line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom