Hi from California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you've dove the Philippines you've hit what I hear is some great diving already, and if you enjoy your local California diving, you can get some great cold water diving admits the kelp and garibaldis. That's a real sweet start to the dive hobby! Hope the blessings continue, and welcome aboard.

I'm over in Carmichael....closest place to scuba is Tahoe. I would like to try a dive there soon.
Did my open water certification in Tahoe. Cold, clear, not a whole lot to see underwater, but it is pretty. Above water, on the other hand, is gorgeous! Have you done an altitude diving class?

Welcome to the board and to scuba diving. BTW, love the screen name!!

There is a ton of information on here to comb through that can help to make you a better diver with a more thorough understanding of the physics and physiology of diving. You can also find a boatload of people who will gear recommendations.

I am from Southern California but do not live there anymore or I would offer you to come down and dive with me.

Welcome to the board and to scuba diving. BTW, love the screen name!!

There is a ton of information on here to comb through that can help to make you a better diver with a more thorough understanding of the physics and physiology of diving. You can also find a boatload of people who will gear recommendations.

I am from Southern California but do not live there anymore or I would offer you to come down and dive with me.

Hi And Thanks!

Eventually I am looking to quit my day job and go pro but that is many years away. But I think for now I will just take in all that I can from the great posts here.

I haven't done an altitude class yet. Any shop around you like over another?
Welcome! I wish I could say I was familiar with the Tahoe-area dive shops, but they are pretty few and far between. My local shop in Pleasanton, Dive 'N Trips, is great and they do a Tahoe altitude class periodically. The good news is you have plenty of time to research because you don't want to be in the water in Tahoe until the summer unless you're a gung-ho drysuit diver. The water is cold enough without the air temperature being colder than the water!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....i hope everything works out for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom