Hi from Chicago.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi fellow salts ! I am just a few days old to the site. What I have read so far is great. I will be checking it out more often. I have been diving now for about 8 years,I have my AOW and am looking to get my rescue then Divemaster if all goes as planned. I enjoy diving anywhere, Pearl, Haigh, Lake Michigan, Cozumel, Puerto Rico, Roatan, You get the point, wherever there is an open body of water. I don't kmow many divers in Chicago. I had some friends but one of them moved to Florida, Mike S., Lucky stiff, and the other guys had a dive shop in Chicago, Maybe you heard of it. Adventures in Scuba, on Fullerton just west of Ashland. Both Barrys were alright. Fred Fleischman who I have lost contact with for some time now, By the way Fred, Apple from Dive Paradise in Cozumel says hello and where in the world are you ! Dave was a pretty cool guy to. Bill and all the rest of the crew at the shop. I now do my shopping at Pat Hammers in Alsip. It's pretty far but I like there shop and I like Pat and his crew over there. Well I will be on vacation next week. If anyone is diving please let me know and I will be there. Well that's it, see ya. God Viz & Good Divin' to all. George C. :scuba: :sharky:

As MgicTwnger mentioned, we are having a get together in July. Not sure if there are any seats open on either Sat. or Sundays dive, but we'd love to have you join us on Sat. night for dinner/drinks.
It's wonderful to see so many divers from the Chicago area, on the board. We will have to plan for a bigger crowd, if we do it again, next year.

I should get around to putting my own intro here but I am new here as well and somewhat new to IL.
I am from Grayslake--a little north of Chicago.
Glad to see so many local people here. My equipment is ready and my tanks are full. Let's go dive.

Scott
PADI Rescue Diver

MasterBlaster once bubbled...
I should get around to putting my own intro here but I am new here as well and somewhat new to IL.
I am from Grayslake--a little north of Chicago.
Glad to see so many local people here. My equipment is ready and my tanks are full. Let's go dive.

Scott
PADI Rescue Diver

I might be at Haigh on the 4th for a couple dives if your interested.

Welcome to the boards from the western 'burbs. Doing my Advanced class and Nitrox this month. So busy,busy. Sounds like we have enough people to get a nice size group dive going from here. We will have to take over Pearl or Haigh sometime this summer...

CrazyDave once bubbled...
Welcome to the boards from the western 'burbs. Doing my Advanced class and Nitrox this month. So busy,busy. Sounds like we have enough people to get a nice size group dive going from here. We will have to take over Pearl or Haigh sometime this summer...

I don't recommend Pearl. The vis has been like milk for the last couple years. I've been disappointed every time I've gone there. They have nice topside but the water is suspect.
I'll do Haigh before Pearl if I can't get out on the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom