Hi from Manila, Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron_G

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Ron, and I'm a relatively new diver from Manila, in the Philippines.

I got my first introduction to scuba diving back in 2005, when I took Discover Scuba Diving when I was in Freeport, Bahamas for work. I enjoyed it a lot, but due to work commitments, I wasn't able to follow up on it. Eventually, my older brother took up scuba diving independently, and worked his way up to Rescue Diver, before he convinced me to take up scuba again. Since I changed jobs a few years ago, I felt that I had time continue my interest in scuba.

I finally got my Open Water certification in Nov 2016, and have dived 2-3 weekends a year, so far all of them in Anilao, just a couple of hours drive south of Manila.

I just bought the first few pieces of my own kit last month, and I'm about to start my Advanced Open Water course in a few weeks so that I can improve my skills, dive more comfortably and safely, and of course, dive in more places. I hope to learn more about scuba from these forums, and forge friendships from fellow divers around the world!

Hi and welcome Ron !

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa...good luck with your AOW certification and enjoy the waters of the Philippines....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom