Hi from the UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nickorossa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi

Always wanted to try scuba diving, so finally (I'm 46) got off my butt to make it happen. I got my Open Water a few weeks ago. My kids are also interested, will be looking to get them involved next year when hopefully things settle down a bit more. With the kids involved my aim is to get to rescue diver level so I'm best prepared for any issues that may arise should we dive together.

Nick.

Hi

Always wanted to try scuba diving, so finally (I'm 46) got off my butt to make it happen. I got my Open Water a few weeks ago. My kids are also interested, will be looking to get them involved next year when hopefully things settle down a bit more. With the kids involved my aim is to get to rescue diver level so I'm best prepared for any issues that may arise should we dive together.

Nick.
Hi Nick,

And welcome to the fantastic undersea world. The U.K. has some stunning dive sites, I was out yesterday in Loch Fyne.

As your U.K. based have you looked at BSAC for you continued diving. If your kids want to learn our theory lessons are all on-line. Training for Ocean Diver is available on-line. With BSAC training is free to members and most clubs have kit members can use during training.

Hi Nick, ditto Edwards comments re BSAC. Love the Scottish Lochs.

A few people I've met along the way have suggested joining my local BSAC club. Its something I'll look into next year when hopefully things settle down a bit.

Nick.

Hi Nick,

Not all BSAC clubs are the same. Some concentrate on training, others just run trips aboard or are heavily into Rebreather or twin set diving. Also the annual fees can vary considerably depending on whether the club has a compressor or boat or both.

Therefore, its worth checking a few out. Clubs are out diving again as the water is still relatively warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom