http://www.diveheart.org/

Hi guys more good news!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt,

Way to go man! I'm really proud of you for stiking this out and not giving up when some people told you it was impossible. You and I both know of a certain someone who is also following your progress with great enthusiasm. I bet he was very excited to hear from you about staying down for 17 minutes! I also must say you are getting more bottom time than I am, there just isn't anywhere to dive in the mountainous region of North-Eastern Iraq. Not that I have seen anyways. Of course, I didn't bring any of my gear with me so even if there WERE a place to go, I wouldn't be able to go anyways. Oh well. Right now, I'm in the wee stages of planning a trip to South Africa with my brother and his wife and we hope to get to dive with the Great Whites there. If the trip pans out and we get to go, I'll be sure to email you pictures!

Hey buddy, going to South Africa to dive with the great whites, not with out me. LOL. That is one of the big things I want to do. To be in a cage with the great whites around me. What a blast that would be. I want to help save the sharks. That would be a cool vacation with the sharks.

I feel for you not being able to dive for another 115 days. You are right there is no place to dive in Iraq. You could try swimming in sand there is lots of that. LOL LOL.

To tell you the truth I am proud of myself for staying with it. It is turning into awesome time. What can I say you never know until you try. I can't wait to turn my bottom time into 30 min.

I just sent it to your brother.

Take care and be safe Matt. :D :14:

Absolutely AWESOME! Keep up the good work and thanks for sending me the link to this thread!!!

Your accomplishments so far in reaching your goal are amazing! I'll be waiting for the next installment in your success book!

Hey Matt,

Congratulations and thanks for the inspirational pics!! It hasn't escaped me that you have outrageously nice gear and are surrounded by hotties (even the ones with scary butts LOL).

Take care,

John

Matt

I was wondering if you could do an experiment. It has to do with sound. When we hear a noise , the
sound hits one ear before the other and we can tell the direction the sound came from. But in
water, sound travels about four times faster, so the tap or bang or whatever hits our ears at
about the same time and most people can`t tell which direction it came from. So heres the idea,
when you`re underwater, close your eyes and with a signal from you, have someone make a noise
underwater and see if you can tell where it came from. I`ve heard that with some practice, some
people can learn to do this.

TRIG:
Matt

I was wondering if you could do an experiment. It has to do with sound. When we hear a noise , the
sound hits one ear before the other and we can tell the direction the sound came from. But in
water, sound travels about four times faster, so the tap or bang or whatever hits our ears at
about the same time and most people can`t tell which direction it came from. So heres the idea,
when you`re underwater, close your eyes and with a signal from you, have someone make a noise
underwater and see if you can tell where it came from. I`ve heard that with some practice, some
people can learn to do this.

I've heard the same thing. Some people can tell where the sound came from while underwater. I, however, cannot.

Hi all,

By the way I posted one video on the video page on my web site of my last dive. It might take a couple minutes to load depending on your internet connection. Here's the link to that page... http://www.scubadivingdream.com/scubadivingpage7.html

I'm gonna try to change the video from time to time, so that people can see them all.

Take care and safe diving,
Matt

Hi Firebrand,

Thanks buddy. It was pretty far out to pull that off. Thanks for your support.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom