Highly Anticipated AERIS JETPACK makes its CONSUMER debut at SCUBA SHOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverWire

Contributor
Reaction score
Ever since last Fall’s DEMA Show, the industry has been talking about the JETPACK from AERIS. Highly-innovative, the one-of-a-kind JETPACK combines the best features of a BCD with a lightweight carry-on backpack to take on growing baggage fees head-on. According to AERIS Vice-President Doug Krause, the JETPACK is the most anticipated product in the history of the company with pre-sales far exceeding initial projections. “Divers are clamoring for something new and different – the JETPACK meets and exceeds those demands in a very specific and direct way. Any traveling diver will tell you that rising baggage fees are making it difficult for the average diver to fully enjoy the dive travel experience. The JETPACK isn’t just a solutio...
Keep reading: Highly Anticipated AERIS JETPACK makes its CONSUMER debut at SCUBA SHOW on Diverwire.com

More...

Under 20lbs. Fully packed with a week’s worth of travel friendly gear and no checked bags... Can your BC do this?

[video=youtube_share;IFqcBEyEXIs]http://youtu.be/IFqcBEyEXIs[/video]

Check out all the details here:AERIS : Jetpack

Attachments

• this_is_not_a-bag.jpg
    this_is_not_a-bag.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,027
We are really excited to start carrying this BC/Travel bag. I love the wide range of adjustments possible. Looking forward to getting one in the water
Stephen
- DiveCOSD

In the video you never see her take the fins out, although in the pics on Aeris' website you see them just squeezed in there. It looks to be a BCD with some nice features, wouldn't mind having a look at one close up.

Doug, I must say one of the most innovative products I have seen for quite some time in the Dive Industry. Well done!

Any pricing out on this yet?

---------- Post added June 13th, 2013 at 10:23 PM ----------

Any pricing out on this yet?

From the website: Full setup is $650. Backpack is $150

That begs the question: can this be purchased separately and fitted to existing bcds? The jet pack looks like a new ex lite.... will the backpack fit? I haven't seen the video yet as I'm at work. ... but I look forward to more info on this product

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Big Kudos to Doug and the creative minds at Aeris!!
The Jetpack travel system is not only innovative, but it also performs like a champ on land, in the plane, and in the water! The Jetpack was my "best friend" as I traveled to the British Virgin Islands to give the system a real workout.

Here's a short video clip shot on location in the BVI: Video - Aeris Jetpack, Features & Benefits

With regard to packing fins in the bag, as Doug mentioned, the new Accel fins are only 21" long and will be the perfect companion for the traveling diver and will easily fit into the Jetpack.....I hear they're awesome and can't wait to use them on our next expedition!

I'll be posting some additional pictures & comments over the next few weeks based on my 10 days of diving the Jetpack. Time to go diving now.....

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom