Highly Anticipated AERIS JETPACK makes its CONSUMER debut at SCUBA SHOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it does look interesting....it is a big plus that it is a back inflate design.....The above ground coverage of features and use of the product is excellent, but they skimped on the actual Underwater use of the JetPack, which regardless of how easy it is to travel with, is still the MOST Important part....I'll say that again--Use and function underwater is the most important aspect of any BC....if it is great underwater, then these above water features should make this a fantastic product, and one many dive shops should want to sell.

My first question--since you don't see much of this in the videos, is how streamlined it is in the water....the product shots made it look very streamlined, but then in the water, it seemed to have an awful lot of wing taco-ing. But that impression was from about a second or two of footage, and this is hardly fair for me to say much over without seeing alot more....and seeing the dynamics of the way this system slides through the water, and how it's trim and underwater drag actually effects the diver.

2nd question, is it easily rigged with a long hose primary and short hose necklace reg( is there a routing point for the long hose so you don't need a can light or a big pocket for this?).

3rd question, is there a crotch strap option for those with precision trim and function interests?

This seems nearly identical to the Aeris EX Lite with some mods to accept the backpack. If that's the case....I can tell you what the ex lite is like. My fiancee has one and loves it! There is a spot for a crotch strap on the plastic backplate. There is a plastic dring that you can hold your long hose on. The bungees on her wing keep everything tight and trim. Very streamlined setup. Her only problem with it is the fact that it has only one camband. We can't figure out how to add a second. Overall, we LOVE that bcd. Because of this, I'm sure the jetpack will be a homerun under water.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The fins are also new from AERIS - the ACCEL are scheduled to begin shipping end of this month, in stores early July. You can see additional videos where I unpack and pack all of my dive gear, even clothes and other travel items: AERIS : Jetpack

Don't suppose you know whether the ACCEl fins are about the same length as the Aeris Mako? Cos if if my Makos would fit in the bag then we might have a winner.

What an awesome product! Kudos to Aeris.
Husband picked one up Saturday and packed everything in his that Doug Kraus did in the sampling video - the difference being the fins. Ours are the Apollo Bio-Fins; they actually did fit! Now if I just didn't love my Zeagle Zena bc so much I'd get one also.

Husband picked one up Saturday and packed everything in his that Doug Kraus did in the sampling video - the difference being the fins. Ours are the Apollo Bio-Fins; they actually did fit! Now if I just didn't love my Zeagle Zena bc so much I'd get one also.

I've been accused of pulling that stuff through a hole in the table :wink: Thank you!

---------- Post added July 9th, 2013 at 09:31 AM ----------

Don't suppose you know whether the ACCEl fins are about the same length as the Aeris Mako? Cos if if my Makos would fit in the bag then we might have a winner.

The ACCELs are a bit shorter than the Makos. Longer fins may be strapped on the side of the pack with the compression straps - or wedged between the harness/BC and daypack.

Hi Doug,

vfox husband here.. Can you tell me what adapter is needed to remove the bc inflator and replace it with an Atomic octo/inflator? I see the zip tie holding the inflator on. Is there anything else holding the inflator to the hose? Thanks for any guidence.

Hi Doug,

vfox husband here.. Can you tell me what adapter is needed to remove the bc inflator and replace it with an Atomic octo/inflator? I see the zip tie holding the inflator on. Is there anything else holding the inflator to the hose? Thanks for any guidence.

Sorry for the late reply. There's a cable running inside the hose that allows you to dump by pulling the inflator. The Atomic can adapt to fit - check with them or an Atomic dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom