Hilton Head Diving\Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mouse51180

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be going to Hilton Head the end of next month and am trying to find a charter company to go out with for a day or two...there just doesnt seem to be any Scuba shops or listed Charter companies (other than fishing) in that area.

I have reached out to some dive shops a little outside of Hilton Head, but have not heard anything back from them yet.I have read other threads on here about shops in the area, but they all seem to have closed down and even read about one that did not come back with all his divers and during the investigation turned out he did not have a buisness license either...

Can anyone recommend a company? preferably one that is licensed.. :\ didnt think I would need to specify that, but ...YEA 2018!!!!

Im very surprised at how hard it is to find a dive shop in such a well known vacation ocean\beach destination.

I think you may be S-O-L around the Hilton Head area. I did a search with Scuba Earth on divebuddy.com and it shows absolutely nothing in that area. It does show a couple of dive sites in that area but that's it. There are a couple of divers that have dived those sites so you might want to join divebuddy and contact those divers to see if they can point you to a dive op in that area.

I don't think there is one - your best bet is probably a Savannah shop.

There was a sportfisher who was also a dm/instructor who ran some dive charters - that's the most recent option I know of but that was about 5 years ago. He spends part of the year in FL also.

Have you tried DIVING LOCKER SKI CHALET

I have reached out to Ski Chalet and waiting for a response back from them. As of last night I got this email from Outside Hilton Head ...I guess they are the local outdoor activities group for the area.

"We offer a variety of private charters however there is no one in Hilton Head that offers scuba trips. The main reason being the large erosion issue we have locally.
There is a dive shop in Savannah called Diving Locker Ski Chalet that may be able to assist you with a company in that area. Their number is 912-927-6603."

Back
Top Bottom