Historic Logos, Decals, and Patches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds right to me...late '90s/early 2000s.

Did you climb Mount Scenery, the highest point in the Kingdom of the Netherlands?

Joe

upload_2020-7-10_20-7-18.png
upload_2020-7-10_20-7-18.png

A fun climb, but no scuba the day previous. We did it and got a certificate to prove it!

Joe

Sounds right to me...late '90s/early 2000s.

Did you climb Mount Scenery, the highest point in the Kingdom of the Netherlands?

Joe

A fun climb, but no scuba the day previous. We did it and got a certificate to prove it!

Joe

Actually did that twice the week I was there. I wonder what I did with that certificate. I was mid-20s then and avid soccer player. Pretty much ran up it the second time. I was just telling my boys about it last week! I only had a thin shorty for diving and by end of second dive I was cold. Would find where heated water was coming out of the ground and lay on the sand to warm up a bit. Many times my computer would be yelling at me for NDL - but there were sharks to see at the peaks....

I had to dig deep to find this one!

EF181EEC-DAE8-40A3-8162-70538BDB10F3.jpeg

@joewr
We appreciate you posting a decal from the Sandwich Inland Divers !
Certainly a rare seldom seen decal from a seldom dove location.

I do have a comment-- the representation of the red & white divers flag
In late 1960 after three years of national abd international debate via SDM
The red & while divers flag proportions were established as follows
5 unit wide X 4 units high X 1 unit diagonal stripe

It
is interesting that after a few years professionals as well as armatures
considers any red flag with any size white stripe as a representation of a divers flag

FYI
On September 22 1962,, which I note from your profile you would have been 20 years old
The first accident occurred involving a diver between a boat and diver disapplying the divers flag
I was called as the only "expert wittiness" to defend the use of the divers flag while engaged in diving
At litigation the dive flag proportions were establish and given validity via the California legal system

Perhaps you recall the litigation ? -- It was a well docuamted land mark case ]
that established the rights and privileges' of a diver displaying the then new flag

Cheers from CenCal and California where it all began
SDM

Back
Top Bottom