History of Diving in Sri Lanka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rex De Silva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everybody,

I'm the last survivor of the pioneering Sri Lankan divers (diving since the mid-1950s). Before I set out on my last dive, I have set myself the task to document properly, the entire history of diving in Sri Lanka, which I hope to publish soon. This is necessary as much has been forgotten and more will be unless it is properly documented. I request any and all of you who may have something to contribute to please contact me.

Thanks
Rex

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how I could contact (then) Lieutenant Sri Kantha ex Sri Lanka Navy? Sri was commander of the SL Navy diving unit in the 1970s. I require to contact him as he is a repository of information on the early history of the Navy diving unit apart from which he was a perfect "Officer and Gentleman". When I last heard of Sri he was in Australia.

Please help.

Rex
caranx@sltnet.lk

Back
Top Bottom