History of diving museum visit today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vjb.knife1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I visited the History of Diving Museum today with my Wife and adult Son. I have been diving since 1970 and was a Professional Commercial Diver in the 1970's and 80's and then worked for a tourist Submarine Company in Hawaii from 2018 until 2023. So I have a pretty long experience with many different Diving Technologies, from Basic Recreational to Saturation Diving And everything in between. I had fun explaining and telling my family which bits of equipment I had used on which jobs. I also still own quite a few pieces of the older gear in the Museum. I even dove Heavy Gear similar to this pic from the Museum in the early 1970's. We were diving Yokohama hats rather than the Mk5 shown here. Cheers.

If you are in the Florida Keys Make the stop at the Museum; it is well worth the time and they have some cool t-shirts.

Heavy Gear.jpg

I visited the Museum in October. Great visit! Lots of fun, very interesting, very nostalgic.

Back
Top Bottom