Hiya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danie

Reaction score
This is the first site I've found that actually seems to have some activity.

Does anyone know the guidelines re Blackouts and diving? My buddy (and significant other) collapsed last November and while they can't find anything wrong with him, he hasn't been cleared for diving yet. This was a one-off and was probably due to a cold he had at the time.
Through a sense of loyalty it's curtailed my diving as well, although he did let me out to play in the Red Sea a few weeks ago.

AARGH!

Danie,

Welcome from Melbourne, Florida. Hope your buddy gets his problem figured out. If I was over the cold, felt good, and was in otherwise good health, I would go diving. This is your buddy's choice and getting back in the water should be done with caution. Maybe with an instructor you trust and take it easy. Shallow dives for a while.

Cheers... I hope it gets sorted out soon too - we're planning a holiday in November.
I'm still in the dog-house for going to Egypt last month and leaving him at home.

Significant other is always better than Insignificant other.
I suggest you post this question on the medical site in this board.We've got some great dive quacks who can give you the heads up.Was your man on medication? Some cold medicines can affect driving,cause drowsiness etc...
Welcome to the boards anyways.
The Gasman

Back
Top Bottom