HMCS Annapolis project denied?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome news!!!
Attention tree huggers.... Suck it!:mooner:

One of the interviews of the main person behind the protests were at his propertly on the island. Can't tell for sure, but judging from the look of his property versus the surrounding area, he may have hugged all the trees to death - There looked to be little more then shrubs on the property. (compared to the dense looking forest of the surrounding area.)

Great news thanks for the update!

One of the interviews of the main person behind the protests were at his propertly on the island. Can't tell for sure, but judging from the look of his property versus the surrounding area, he may have hugged all the trees to death - There looked to be little more then shrubs on the property. (compared to the dense looking forest of the surrounding area.)

It looked to me that all the trees had been removed so as to give him a "perfect" view of the bay ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The NIMBY may sort of own their land but they sure as hell don't own the water. It's about time, lets get the ship down for divers to enjoy..... and piss of the NIMBYS! :D

You don't need to piss anybody off ... that just leads to further issues.

Quite often these complications arise because people imagine problems that don't really exist. Doing things to piss people off only empowers them to say "I told you so" ... and creates problems needlessly. The best response is to put the ship down, and then be good "neighbors" ... demonstrate that their initial fears were unfounded. That way, over time, they will accept you as part of the neighborhood.

This applies to anyplace (like Kelvin's Grove) where divers and waterfront residents interact ... the best way to overcome these people's objections is to not give them any reason to have them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's money that wouldn't go to the local's pockets, so why should they share "their" Provincial Park. Nor would any of it go to the politicians making the decision today. (who cares what happens after their terms over, they have to make it through to the next election, and just won 7 to 10 rich people's votes!)

The ships that were sunk here have been a big boost for the economy(jobs, low taxes etc). To each his own though

Last edited:
Sad but true perhaps. It's funny how, in our supposed enlightened age, so many decisions are made without any sort of logic.

I think they should sink the Annie next to the Sask and Bret and turn Nanaimo into a mega dive destination. With enough destination dives the charter operators over there will be able to create a sustainable business. Too bad for the Sea Dragon though.

Btw: I'm thinking of retiring there :D

I got a notice a few days ago that the Sea Dragon's moving to Nanaimo. They have their new (and bigger) boat for the Howe Sound area. I think that's awesome ... the Sea Dragon's a nice boat, and since Diver's Choice burned, Nanaimo needs another nice dive charter ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If the person really is a rabid NIMBY.. nothing will piss them off more than not having anybody prove they were right!

I got a notice a few days ago that the Sea Dragon's moving to Nanaimo. They have their new (and bigger) boat for the Howe Sound area. I think that's awesome ... the Sea Dragon's a nice boat, and since Diver's Choice burned, Nanaimo needs another nice dive charter ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A bunch of us are going out with Sea Dragon next weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom