Hog came out with this wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You use a single tank on a doubles wing with 60 lbs lead?

Reactions: OTF
Single 133 ,drysuit, I am diving rivers where current is a major concern . I have to plant myself to the bottom on a lot of dives... If you start getting blown backwards it could be very dangerous of course you have to be able to get back up hence why I opted for the 60 Lb wing.. BTW a mild current the day of this dive...

I've used a Hog 32 for several years and like it very much. A local instructor who also has a Hog 32 commented on how new mine looked. It has been rugged and great to use. I even bought a second one as a backup but have not had to unwrap it yet.

Single 133 ,drysuit, I am diving rivers where current is a major concern . I have to plant myself to the bottom on a lot of dives... If you start getting blown backwards it could be very dangerous of course you have to be able to get back up hence why I opted for the 60 Lb wing.. BTW a mild current the day of this dive...
WOW, loved your video! Looks like some great finds. Would love to do some treasure diving with you guys if I'm ever Stateside again. Looks like a real hoot!

More videos please.

Yes, currently HOG offers a 23 no bungee option, 32 with optional bungee (up to you) and now 60 also with bungee optional. See edge-gear.com website for more info and resellers...
Regards
Bob C.

I have the TBCS with the 32# wing with bungee. I've not encountered any issues thus far (maybe 50 dives) with this BC. I have not noticed any discernible difference regarding the oral inflator vs my old Zeagle Ranger. I did purchase the replacement dump valve and cable for my inflator hose. Personal preference, I simply like the functionality better.

[...] but the inflator hose was not as powerful as others and would take its time to inflate.

Incidentally: IIRC, one of the EU standards -- I think it's in EN1809 -- requires that the fill rate be X amount less than the exhaust rate. When that rolled out, inflators got less powerful across the industry.

Back
Top Bottom