Hog D1 mouthpiece warranty period?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TT_Vert

Contributor
Reaction score
I am just wondering. My mouthpiece had a weird failure on my last dive trip (about dive day #7 with this second stage). The red and black pieces have separated on one side.
Thanks
Dave

Mine did that too after 10 dives. Perhaps we are biting to hard on them

It isn't where you bite that is separated. It is right where the thing part of the mouthpiece attaches to the red portion. I should just take a pic of this. I cannot see these for sale anywhere either, what are you guys replacing these things with?

Dave

mine have been fine. Replaced about 6 months ago because I got a screaming deal on them and have 100 ish dives on them now with no issues. They'll go back to C-bites eventually.

So what do people recommend that is similar to the hog mouthpiece? I see the trident padded which looks similar but i'm unsure how many you get per package.

usually they are sold as singles. Best to try some different ones to find what you like. I much prefer the Aqualung comfo-bite style than the traditional bite pads

(I'd like to see how a mouthpiece fits on a D1....... :D)

anyhow, contact HOG (or a dealer), send the pic, and likely get it replaced......

I have no problem with the design of the original mouthpiece. It was very comfortable for me The reviews state that the trident padded are just like the D1 mouthpiece. My regulators are over a year old so I assume they are not under warranty any longer.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom