HOG D1 Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firdaus Buhari

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there, just a quick question I am trying to locate a proper manual for the d1 first stages and second stages because I am encountering a problem.

The regulators are free flowing really badly even after servicing them at a LDS. I have adjusted the venturi levels and the pre dive settings.

Secondly, I am trying to swap out my inflator hose on my 5th swivel port but the entire first stage comes apart instead of just the inflator. Is there any way to do this safely without damaging my regulators?

Cheers

I would just return them to your LDS and tell them to try again. There is no reason you should have regs serviced then have to adjust them to make them stop free flowing.
If your 1st stage is falling apart that would appear to be a strong indicator of possibly faulty service.

I bet they missed replacing the #010 o-ring by the main orifice in the first stage. They weren't added until later and I've had three given to me that were "unrepairable"... which I then repaired and gave back. Have them put an IP gauge on it and see if they are getting an IP creep. This is a great reason to take a Hog/Edge repair class.

the chairman is right .........plus I would ask my lds WHY they cant repair it right if the answer sounds lame get a new lds

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom