HOG D2 Intermediate Pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.Remove the (red?) environmental seal retaining ring @ the very bottom of the first stage (not the one above it) with a pin spanner.
2.Let the round plastic (transmitter) thing fall out. Now you have a non-sealed functioning regulator.
3.Put the 1st stage (WITH the second stage, HP gauge, and LP inflator hose attached ) on a full-ish tank.
4.Plug the IP gauge into the inflator hose.
5.Pressurize the regulator.
6.With a 6mm(?) hex-head wrench placed in hex-shaped hole on the bottom of the regulator you can turn slightly R or L to alter the IP.
7.Purge the second stage as necessary.
That's it? Easy peasy. Thanks.

How do you know I didn't make that up?

Oh yeah........If you want to use the environmental seal,( a) put it back on with the regulator while still charged.(b) turn off the gas (c) purge reg.

The E seal should suck back down on the plastic thingy. You don't need no stinking bulgy seal.

That's it? Easy peasy. Thanks.

I highly recommended that you inhale while turning the IP adjustment screw. It puts much less strain on the seat when the valve is open. Make sure to breathe a few times to make sure the IP stabilizes then look. Don't go more than a quarter turn at a time.

I highly recommended that you inhale while turning the IP adjustment screw. It puts much less strain on the seat when the valve is open. Make sure to breathe a few times to make sure the IP stabilizes then look. Don't go more than a quarter turn at a time.

well, this should be interesting.

Don't go more than a quarter turn at a time.

Yes....while you're looking at the IP gauge, turn the 155 psi reg Hex Key COUNTER-clockwise to lower the IP. Try to do it in 1/8" increments (or as slowly as you can) and purge between turns. ( I like the idea of lightly breathing instead of purging).

Make sure you DON'T press on the diaphram with the hex key as it will give you a false reading. (done that)

Also you might want to get a second pin-spanner to ensure that you don't accidentally turn the Clamp Ring above the environmental Seal Ring (just to keep it simple).

After some help with tools and bits and bobs from Piranha Mfg. the project is complete and was a resounding success.

Thanks to everyone for your guidance and wisdom. And thanks to Piranha for their great service and communication.

How do you know I didn't make that up?

Oh yeah........If you want to use the environmental seal,( a) put it back on with the regulator while still charged.(b) turn off the gas (c) purge reg.

The E seal should suck back down on the plastic thingy. You don't need no stinking bulgy seal.

To add, gently push diaphragm down whilst depressurising.

yes ..agree there is a spl way to adjust the first stage , read the manual it specifies it .....coincidentally you adjust hog the same way

Back
Top Bottom