HOG D3 Factory IP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddville393

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What is the Intermediate Pressure of the HOG D3 set at from the factory? I use mine with an OTS Guardian FFM and the IP has to be set at 135psi for peak performance of the mask so I need to know if I need to have my D3 adjusted.

Factory specs allow for an IP of between 125 and 145. Which is why shops and techs are advised to check the regs and tune them before sending them out. Unless asked not to by the customer. Some of my people just want to know what it came in at. They then will do the tuning themselves.

Normally they come in at about 135-140 on my gauges. I have had 1st stages come in at 130 and others at just a hair over 140. All meet factory specs.

The regs I send out unless asked specifically for something different get set in the 135 - 140 range.

If you already have the D3 you should have gotten a report of what the IP was set at when it was shipped to you. Unless you asked that it just be sent without testing. Something I will no longer do. Every reg I send out, even if it's just a 1st stage or a second gets tested. The only thing I have started doing different now is emailing the test results in an effort to reduce paper consumption. Unless the customer wants a paper copy.

I got mine from DRiS and all I received from them was an invoice.

I wouldn't get hung up about a few psi difference. Gauges are not all that accurate. And the Guardian will function fine over a fair range of IP. I don't know about getting a report from the seller with the IP listed.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

We usually set the D3 at 135 unless the customer requests a different IP. Hope that helps.

I just got my D3 set from DRIS last week and checked the IP at 150. Dove it this weekend in shallow fresh water and everything breathed great. Planning a trip to Roatan next month to CoCo View and will put a bunch of dives on for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom