HOG/EDGE On-Line Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My HOG service class also had about 10 students but was in a hotel conference room. We each had our own long conference table or two so were able to spread out. We all had our own IP gauge and magnehelic but did share a tank of gas.

Hi Rob, will your class be based on anyone regulator? Also will you be giving a certificate of some sort?
The class will be generic, but with certificates from more than a dozen manufacturers and plenty of examples here in my shop, there won't be a design we won't at least touch on. While we'll look briefly at Poseidon's designs from a theory standpoint, we won't spend class time on their disassembly/service since interested folks can get certified by Poseidon directly.
From a liability standpoint, I can't claim to be training on a specific brand, though I'll attempt to have examples from each of the brands the students identify as planning to work on. Setting up for each course will involve info exchanges with the students regarding the gear they're going to work on while I'm demo'ing at my end. Folks will need a computer with a camera so there is at least some degree of bilateral image exchange as questions arise.

And yes - there will be a certificate of completion detailing the training completed.

Sorry for the derail!

I think virtual works. I bought a "desktop" cam partially for that reason. Attendance has to be limited in order to allow for instructors give individual attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom