HOG/Edge Regulator Repair Course in 2018?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveEngineer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
I'm looking to take the subject course this year out west preferably (I live in southern Arizona, by Tucson). Anyone got one scheduled yet? Are there pre-requisites to taking the course now? If so, what are they? Thanks.

I just picked up an Edge Regulator as well. From what I saw online, there are no dealers in Arizona. The first place I saw them in-shop, was at a small dive shop in Mentone, California (right by Redlands, in the San Bernardino area). I think the LDS owner there commented about having the repair class from time to time.

It typically takes me about 6 hours or so to reach Redlands from Tucson (I have family out there). I'm not sure if the shop will be having a class on the reg, but it might be the closest to Tucson.

I kind of hated ordering the regulator online from Edge directly, but since The Dive Shop here in Tucson doesn't carry them, I didn't have much choice.

If you want to contact the shop in Mentone, here's their website.

West Coast Dive Shop

Thanks Hoomi,
I appreciate the information on the dive shop classes in Mentone/Redlands, CA. I'll contact them and see when they are looking at their next class. I've had my Edge Epic 2012 regulators (2 for my wife and I) for about 3 1/2 years now.

I've had two incidents since I bought my regulators due to inadequate testing after annual service where the Octo's went into uncontrolled freeflow (once in Isla Mujeres and once in Mahuhaul, Mexico). It would be nice to be able to fix these types of problems when traveling and also to be able to perform the annual maintenance so I know I can trust it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom