HOG Heaven Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know someone who put 14 D-rings on his harness ... :11:

... I didn't ask why ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I move that on this day, a new forum, entitled Hogarthian Diving, be created in place of the 'DIR Free Zone'.

Is there a second?

teknitroxdiver:
I move that on this day, a new forum, entitled Hogarthian Diving, be created in place of the 'DIR Free Zone'. Is there a second?
2nd

The motion has been properly moved and seconded. If there are no objections, I say we call for a moderator. Moderator! Please create this forum for us.

:)

Motion thirded.

Patience ... please.

Our fearless leader is currently dealing with a little windstorm down in Florida ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Motion Uhhh fourthedid
Realy I think it makes sense as I am not new to diving I am somewhat green to technical diving and its a direction I'm intrested in investigating, without the Kool-Aid I keep hering about.
Number one, make it so!
:scatter:

Uh, the DIR-free zone is an April Fools joke forum that's been left laying around. It's got nothing to do with "being replaced" by a Hogarthian forum.

The DIR gear configuration has its roots in the Hogarthian configuration. Hogarthian and DIR forums shouldn't be an "us and them" type thing - start knocking DIR in there and the flamewars will begin. Do you honestly think that divers who consider themselves DIR either a) won't stay out of the Hogarthian forum, b) won't be interested in participating, and c) won't have valid contributions to make? The focus will simply be on the gear configuration, and discussions won't be bound by the confines of what is and isn't considered "DIR".

I agree with you Ben ... there is nothing inherently incompatible about having discussions regarding both DIR and non-DIR implementations of hog rigs ... the proposed forum will be the correct place for both.

What it will not be the correct place for is flaming someone because they don't do things "your" way. If that happens, I'll consider this forum a failed attempt ... so let's all see that we approach our discussions constructively.

Oh ... the DIR Free zone is another matter. That's merely a housekeeping issue.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom