Hog mouthpiece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jocull

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just ordered a complete Hog set up from Joel at Tech Diving Limited and I am excited to put them to work out here in Hawaii!!!! My question is if anyone has put a Seacure mouth piece on their Hog and if so which one? I have a Scubapro with a Seacure on it now and could probably make it work but wanted to ask around to see if there is one that might fit better. Thanks all.

I just bought two HOG second stage regulators and think they have the best mouthpiece I have ever tried. I had a Seacure, or some facsimile, and threw it away right after I tried it. Too hard. The HOG one gives you Gummy Bear type stuff to bite down on.

to answer your question, if you want a seacure get the one for apeks. The second stages are identical to the ATX series second stages so have the bigger mouthpiece opening

Also, to answer your question, you can re-heat a Seacure mouthpiece and mold it to almost any
size you might need.

I just bought two HOG second stage regulators and think they have the best mouthpiece I have ever tried. I had a Seacure, or some facsimile, and threw it away right after I tried it. Too hard. The HOG one gives you Gummy Bear type stuff to bite down on.

I thought mine was hard at first too. It even rubbed a sore on my gum from excessive diving (if there is such a thing) but once I got it molded just right it is the best thing since the bread slicer. I can't see myself going back to traditional mouthpieces ever unless they won't fit my new Hog.

Also, to answer your question, you can re-heat a Seacure mouthpiece and mold it to almost any
size you might need.

Yes, thank you. This was also a suggestion of Joel's from Tech diving limited. I was just hoping someone knew which size got the closest. Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom