HOG Reg Technician Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Alfawolfje - I've been looking into this and the courses are certified by TDI/SDI - I'm waiting for a reply from Gunter who is the contact for TDI/SDI in the Philippines.

Count me in when you guys figure it out

Get nice big class together and fly me over :wink:. I'm doing a course for a shop owner and one of his tech's in April. Have a diver coming for the class from Arizona next week.

There are roughly 30 instructors worldwide last I heard. Fewer than 10 of us teaching it somewhat regularly. Less than 5 or 6 of us teaching it multiple times a year. I offer the course on demand and will do it at my location for one student. Last year I taught it 4 times. Plus I wrote the D3 portion.

Takes a full day and a half normally. Perhaps two full days if there are lots of questions. Also I have been made aware that some instructors were only covering the D1 and the second stage. It is supposed to be all the HOG 1st stages. D1, D2, and D3.

Covers all the 1st stages, second stages, as well as some of the other products- inflators, wings, reels, lights, and for shop owners, their tech's, and for my instructor affiliates that use them; I add in the Edge EXP reg.

It would be really awesome if this class could be made into a webinar. No one in Arizona is teaching it and I'm stuffed for travel for a bit. I think anyone who's even remotely mechanically inclined could easily do the whole thing online and be completely fine. Hell, I'd be comfortable enough with just the service manual.

Any courses in Asia in 2015-2016??? I plan on starting to sell HOG gear and want to offer servicing in Japan.

Alfawolf,
Shoot me a PM or a email to tanktest@gmail.com and we can discuss it.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom