HOG regulator - service kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyNZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a couple of HOG regulators. How easy is it to get hold of service kits for the regs. given that there probably isn't a dealer in New Zealand?

Specifically, I'm looking at two D1 first stages and maybe a couple of second stages.

Presumably these regulators may also be put into oxygen service?

I am very sorry that I didn't notice this. It seems the email notifications aren't coming...

Anyhow, HOG regs are good for O2 service 100% to 2400 psi, 80% to 3400psi.

Service kits aren't an issue to those that have done a tech course, anybody who has a technical diver cert above the Advanced Nitrox (or equiv) level is encouraged to take a Tech course for HOG regs, we believe that tech divers SHOULD be able to service their equipment!

You being oin New Zealand s a different issue, if you are a certified tech with another brand I will sell you the kits (or any HOG dealer will).

Before looking at a set of HOG regs, are there any service techs in Australia? Particularly Sydney. If not then they're probably not a viable option.

Before looking at a set of HOG regs, are there any service techs in Australia? Particularly Sydney. If not then they're probably not a viable option.

I imagine there are service techs in Sydney that have been trained to repair regulators. All they need is to contact me and provide proof of training.

Andy,

Buy your HOG regs from Mike at Dive Right In Scuba - Store Main Page - Plainfield, IL.

I bought mine from them along with 2 each of the 1st and 2nd stage rebuild kits. They were also very helpful with shipping inc values if you know what I mean :wink:

Rebuilding shouldn't be a problem for any good reg tech!

I dived mine this weekend for the first time and they were great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom