Hog regulator service?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DC53

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My (cold water) Hog regs weren't doing too well on the test bench even though they were breathing what I thought was ok, and so I sent them in to the shop where I bought them for an annual service, even though they were only about 6 months old.

Much to my disappointment, when they came back one set demonstrated what sounds like an IP creep such that the octo would bleed air. Purge and it would stop for a few seconds and then gradually begin to bleed air again.

The other set is connected to the pony bottle and it breaths like through a straw even when set for wide open. I could live off it if I had to but not easily.

I don't want to bother sending them back to the same place because I just don't trust that they will come back right. I'd rather write off the loss and send them to someone who will send them back working properly.

Any recommendations?:depressed:

Reactions: Jax
My (cold water) Hog regs weren't doing too well on the test bench even though they were breathing what I thought was ok, and so I sent them in to the shop where I bought them for an annual service, even though they were only about 6 months old.

Much to my disappointment, when they came back one set demonstrated what sounds like an IP creep such that the octo would bleed air. Purge and it would stop for a few seconds and then gradually begin to bleed air again.

The other set is connected to the pony bottle and it breaths like through a straw even when set for wide open. I could live off it if I had to but not easily.

I don't want to bother sending them back to the same place because I just don't trust that they will come back right. I'd rather write off the loss and send them to someone who will send them back working properly.

Any recommendations?:depressed:

Would you tell the rest of us HOG D1 owners where you sent yours, so we can skip that place?

I am sure DRIS will do good job.

I just got 2 sets of Zeagles back from Scuba Toys and everything is great. They have a special till Feb. 28th 49.00 a set + free parts!

Send them to me and I will service them for free. Kinda easy.

It is still under warranty

Send them to me and I will service them for free. Kinda easy.

It is still under warranty

That is how I spell Customer Service!

Reactions: Jax
DC53,
When you send them to cerich, be sure to tell him who did the service. I am sure he will want to have a discussion with the tech who serviced them. Zero for 2 is a very poor batting average.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom