HOG service overseas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can mail them to a service center? I'm having my HOG and Deep6 serviced on Cozumel....at Cozumel Scuba Center..

A bit of interest, they will also store your gear here for any length of time...

The folks at D6 will do remote service classes via video-chat if you are so inclined.

As I understand it, D6 and HOG regs have the same internal structure for comparable regs. And that the design is esentialy similar to the Apeks.

I have been told (not confirmed by any factory official to my direct knowledge - so hearsay from a respected source) that this extends to usability (in a pinch, not necessarily with the same performance as internal replaceable parts/softgoods have improved-performance materials in the D6s) of service kits from the other brand for comparable regs.

That said, as a so-far satisfied HOG user (who bought into the brand prior to D6) I would go with the D6s without hesitation if starting from scratch for improved materials/coatings performance . The only thing that I particularly prefer about the HOGs is the ability to easily color-code the 2nd stages, which I find useful.

Good read...I knew some of that such as Chris used to be with HOG and is now owner of D6....I was just wondering why the link to the D6 service manual in the post I responded to when the title of the discussion thread was for HOG regs. I know there is similarity across designs from reading the Harlowe and Wolfinger books as well as studying various manufacturer service manuals. It just seemed odd that to link to D6 when the OP was specifically asking about HOG.

-Z

That might’ve been my fault (although I don’t remember linking to a D6 manual), a bad case of “ready, fire, aim”. After I realized @ArmyDiver01 thread was in Edge’s forum, I deleted my post since it seemed a breach of protocol.

That might’ve been my fault (although I don’t remember linking to a D6 manual), a bad case of “ready, fire, aim”. After I realized @ArmyDiver01 thread was in Edge’s forum, I deleted my post since it seemed a breach of protocol.

Wasn't you...see post #2

-Z

I would certainly sign up for a remote HOG service class

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom