HOG SPG (BAR) Labelling Error?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WhiteSands

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone else realized that the HOG (BAR) SPG labelling is incorrect from 0 to 50 bar?

For all other ranges, each graduation is 10 bar (4 markings between each major point).

From 0 to 50 bar, there are only 3 markings between 0 to 50 bar.

You can see pics here:
EDG0229.jpg

I feel this might pose a safety problem for someone who misreads the amount of air they actually have left, and it's in the area where this is most critical.

Was there ever a recall for this issue?

What you can't count by 12.5? I never liked the metric system that much anyway.

I much prefer the gages that show the last 500 psi in RED.. you know the color that is BLACK at depth...

...//... Was there ever a recall for this issue?

No. Never will be. It is common ("traditional") to peg the needle at the first gradation. Saves the manufacturers a ton of grief. True zero is a beast, very best gauges only.

Plan your gas so you never get this low. It is only "wrong" at the very last smidgen of gas.

Attachments

• SPG.jpeg
    SPG.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 329
Apparently a lot of them do - both bar and psi - including mine (1st one):
sp.jpgCapture.JPGCapture3.JPG

The Halcyon SPG's are another brand that are marked that way. No worries.

I think if you've managed to let your cylinder pressure drop to the point you're worried about how many graduations there are between 0 and 50 then you should regard every breath as golden and savour it as if it was your last.

Aren't most SPG's made by the same Italian company? I'm not sure that the brand has a say.

There isn't a issue...

Just curious why a thread on SB instead of a call or email to us with your concern? If it was so serious in your mind that a recall was warranted...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom