HOG SPG (BAR) Labelling Error?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing wrong with the HOG gauge. However this one on my shop compressor has always driven me crazy.

Attachments

• gauge.jpg
    gauge.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 241
One tick every ten PSI, and then one tick ever SIX?? Yeah...that would bug me, too.

As for the OP: I think that's been covered thoroughly. Also, I believe the company is "Thermo" that actually manufactures 90% of the "Brass and glass" spgs.

There isn't a issue...

Just curious why a thread on SB instead of a call or email to us with your concern? If it was so serious in your mind that a recall was warranted...

Isn't that what this sub forum is for? Asking questions?

Besides my question was also directed at other consumers like me who may be concerned that this might be a safety issue.

Has anyone else realized that the HOG (BAR) SPG labelling is incorrect from 0 to 50 bar?

For all other ranges, each graduation is 10 bar (4 markings between each major point).

From 0 to 50 bar, there are only 3 markings between 0 to 50 bar.

You can see pics here:
View attachment 184165

I feel this might pose a safety problem for someone who misreads the amount of air they actually have left, and it's in the area where this is most critical.

Was there ever a recall for this issue?

How do you figure that could pose a safety problem?

When the fuel gauge reads empty, the car may still be running.

No. Never will be. It is common ("traditional") to peg the needle at the first gradation. Saves the manufacturers a ton of grief. True zero is a beast, very best gauges only…

That has been my experience. Precision gauges typically don’t have a needle peg and the whole face is rotated to calibrate to zero.

Attachments

• 3D Instruments 6in Gauge.jpg
    3D Instruments 6in Gauge.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 137
  • SSI Gauge Panel.jpg
    SSI Gauge Panel.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 133
perhaps "turtle" and "rabbit", as depicted on my lawn mower, might really confuse you then .......

I think if you've managed to let your cylinder pressure drop to the point you're worried about how many graduations there are between 0 and 50 then you should regard every breath as golden and savour it as if it was your last.

Damn you Hickdive! I had to clean coffee off of my monitor!

Back
Top Bottom