HOG wing 32lbs, any good ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trappist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I missed the sale on Dive Rites wings last Xmas, paycheck came in 2 days too late... And I'm still p.... off about it ! So i came across that HOG 32lbs wing which is of a reasonable price, but I was wondering if it was any good or what are the downsides of that wing vs others ? I own an Apeks WXR6 dual bladder 60lbs which is a bit big on my single tank diving... It is perfect for my double set though.

I tried a search on the forum but it gave me zillions results, mostly related the the word wing, not hog...

Thanks for your help !

For what it's worth, I've been using one for almost 2 years. So far it hasn't failed me, fits any B/P I put it on and my transpac. uses standard sized fittings. My favorite feature is the the bladder is inside the nylon shell that can be unzipped, so it would be easy to patch repair or replace (not that I've needed to). I'm not sure if others are made this way. I would definately buy another if I needed one.

Quik

I haven't used mine as long as Quikenuff has used his but I completely agree with what he's said so far.

My only gripe (only a small one) is that the corrugated hose is a bit shorter than I like. I'm in the process of trying to get it switched out for a longer one. Other than that, it's a superb wing.

I bought one new on ebay for $150! just look for the sale from dolphin scuba and submit an offer for $150 instead of $199. I cant think of a better wing for $150 new!

I've been diving mine for about 2 years and really like it. The build quality far surpasses what they charge for it. The only minor issue I've had is a small amount of fraying around where the corrugated hose connects. This does not affect the bladder, and I will probably end up repairing it by melting the nylon (like you would when you cut/shorten your webbing).

Other than that, it looks fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I have HOG 32 and HOG 58 wings and like both of them. I bought a set BP/w and harness for $199 each (now they are $249 a set and still a good deal).

Unlike above I do like shorter hose on HOG 32 wing myself.

+1 for the pros everyone else has stated.

I've got the HOG 32 on a Dive Rite Transplate and they work together great. It's a high quality wing, looks great and priced very nice. I thought I would need to use an STA with it, but the support rods in the wing keep my tank more than stable enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom