Hog Wing Problem. Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craracer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a 32# Hog Wing in which the nylon has started to fray around the inflator hose. I am guessing that when the hole was cut for the corrugated hose, the nylon wasn't properly melted, which allowed the fray to start.

While diving, the wing collects a lot of water between the bladder and the nylon outer shell. Eventually, it will completely tear out and become useless.

About a month ago I contacted Hog to see if this was something that they could mend. I've sent them several emails with photos, but they keep telling me that they will get back to me.

So, now I'm looking for DIY repair ideas. I'm thinking that there must be some sort of patch I can glue/melt over the spot that is fraying. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    229 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I thought about putting the post within the Edge forum, but I figured that after a month, I was on my own.

I told you to send me your address and I'd send you a new wing. It's been crazy and I may have missed your reply. Either way send me your address and I'll send you a new wing.

Best

Chris

Can't beat that with a big stick. You need to realize emails get misplaced and now is a crazy time for many of the manufacturers. I'm still waiting on my HOG decals for my truck if there are any. Oh wait I just asked for them now. My bad!

Chris: WOW, I truly appreciate a replacement, but as the wing is out of warranty, know that I didn't expect to get something for nothing.

Being that I basically live within the "arctic tundra", it's easy to forget that the scuba business is in full-tilt elsewhere, so I understand. I will resend my address to you.

This wing issue does not, in any way, cloud my opinion of Edge/Hog. I absolutely love their products, and promote them whenever possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom