Hogarthian & DIR RIg Esstentially One of the same

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ROVengineer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi , I ,m right in saying that the Hogarthian & DIR rigs are in essance one of the same , Bar minor issues ?

Just curious I dive with a Halcyon set up with conventional Octopuse .I am neither of the above mentioned , but dive with what i Feel comfortable in & what suits my needs .

The DIR rig is Hogarthian.
There are Hogarthian rigs that aren't "DIR".
DIR is much more than the Hogarthian rig that DIR divers use; it encompasses everything about diving and the diver as a "holistic" system.
Rick

Just curious like I said & am i know way in either camp . I say I use an Halcyon rig with conventional set up Ie. Octopus etc .

I find it serves me exceptionally well & I dont like to stick to rigid systems ie a one system suits all method !

Because seen as we are all different , clearly one system does not suit all !!

ROVengineer:
Just curious like I said & am i know way in either camp . I say I use an Halcyon rig with conventional set up Ie. Octopus etc .

I find it serves me exceptionally well & I dont like to stick to rigid systems ie a one system suits all method !

Because seen as we are all different , clearly one system does not suit all !!

It's best not to stick to a rigid system if you don't understand why things are the way they are.... otherwise you look silly when someone asks you why...

Na , I stick to things what suits me , not what people preach am a free thinker. To me rigid systems are for those who like to be told what to do !!

Not to question & not to ask why .

ROVengineer:
Na , I stick to things what suits me , not what people preach am a free thinker. To me rigid systems are for those who like to be told what to do !!

Not to question & not to ask why .

that's pretty rigid thinking there.... careful! :wink:

....next thing you be telling me I can't stick my mask on my forehead...

wb416:
that's pretty rigid thinking there.... careful! :wink:

....next thing you be telling me I can't stick my mask on my forehead...
stick that mask on your forehead.

Obviously he needs a little more dive experience..

Ok, here is a nice little diagram depicting this mess.

- Hogarithian is equipment configuration.
- Dir equipment configuration is hogarthian.
- Not all Hogarthian equipment configurations are DIR
- There is a LOT more to DIR than equipment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom