Hogarthian & DIR RIg Esstentially One of the same

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarcG:
Are you sure you mean the comfobite mouthpieces and not the seacure moldable mouthpieces?
Right you are, of course, seeing as you were there when our instructor had me move my SeaCure mouthpiece to my backup reg.

Rick Inman:
Right you are, of course, seeing as you were there when our instructor had me move my SeaCure mouthpiece to my backup reg.

Ah yes! I do remember that. That mouthpiece looked like it could choke a horse. eyebrow

Agreed -- I had no idea anybody's mouth was that big. On the other hand, I do read Rick's posts. . . :)

MarcG:
Are you sure you mean the comfobite mouthpieces and not the seacure moldable mouthpieces?

Right, how could there *possibly* be a problem donating a reg who's mouthpiece has been moulded explictly for the diver that was just wearing it? :05:

Comfobitesa are not DIR ether.

Some divers will still choke on them and they are much more dificult to rescue a toxing diver with.

MarcG:
Ah yes! I do remember that. That mouthpiece looked like it could choke a horse.
TSandM:
Agreed -- I had no idea anybody's mouth was that big. On the other hand, I do read Rick's posts. . . :
...but the best thing about DIR is the love...

:D

JimC:
Comfobites ...
Some divers will still choke on them and they are much more dificult to rescue a toxing diver with.
I do believe that tops the hogwash list! Total BS.
Rick

I think the issue with the Comfobite (as far as DIR is concerned) is NOT the possible gagging/choking hazard, but that it would be extremely difficult to insert a mouthpiece that wouldn't "flatten" out (on the teeth and stay under the lips) into the mouth of a toxing diver (who probably would have his/her teeth clenched) -at least this was how my instructor explained it... One could use the Comfobite on the backup, I guess.

Rick Inman:
I know DIR has its things , but that is just plain stupid. A mouthpiece is a mouthpiece , some work for some people some work for others . No matter what one you have it may not work for your teammate . So i will use what i want and if my teammate runs out of air well they can deal with it , its better than no air at all. Ill do the same if im the one to run out.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom