Holiday Traditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThePipingSheriff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just was just wondering what sort of traditions you or your families might have for the Holidays. Maybe something a little different than the norm?

I remember one year on Christmas Eve, We had the tree up and my Parents were about to put me to bed. I asked my Dad about putting out milk and cookies for Santa.
My Dad said sure, but that Santa didn't really want milk. My Dad left the room and returned with a glass and a bottle of Jack Daniels. He told me that Santa gets milk at millions of houses, but that the milk didn't help the "Chill" that Santa got out in the cold. He said that this would make Santa feel warm inside and that I might get a big gift.
I was bearly big enough to hold the bottle, but I got most of it in the glass. My Dad had me pour a bit more in the glass. He said something about Santa might be thirsty.
This may seem odd to some of you, but this tradition has continued in my house too. As long as Santas glass is not too full, the toys get assembled just fine. :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS

LOL! Sure would have helped my husband through the dreaded assembly of the Pink & Pretty Kitchen about 20 years ago! He still looks like he wants to cry when we talk about it. We were too poor to have an electric screwdriver...and it had at least 300 nuts, bolts, & screws. A father's love is never so evident as when he puts together a Pink & Pretty Kitchen, by hand, till 3:00 am, without smashing it to bits. (Not a tradition! Just a memory.)

Foo

P.S. In fact, never buy anything pink and wait until Christmas eve to assemble. It's a commie plot, pink toys come from assembly hell. Anyone who's EVER put together a Barbie Dream House with elevator knows that I'm right.

Christmas is summertime where I grew up, so I would jump in the boat really early, zoom around and catch a couple of fish and have a breakfast barbecue of half hour old fish.

baltimoron:
a good commie plot to have a load of fun!

Happy Hannukah and Merry Christmas, Baltimoron. Hugs from Texas.

Foo

a VERY Merry Christmas to you. A blessing on you, your house, and your mother (why not?)

Peace, Love, and all that good hooh-hah stuff. :D

Back
Top Bottom