Hollis Explorer MCCR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You removed the LCV and block and sealed the valve where it leaves the exhale CL?
The LCV can be adjusted to restrict or increase the flow of gas out of the unit so I don’t see the advantage in removing it. The unit runs best with 40% and produces least bubbles with that mix if adjusted properly and dived in a relaxed manner, your time and gas usage seem good.
No no, just removed the clear hose that goes to LCV from Counter lung.. Counter lung has been capped off .. LCV end is left open without that clear hose the went to counter lung.. So it does still "breathe" but no where like it did.. :)

Hey Guys. Just by way of an update on this fairly old topic. I've taken the plunge and converted one of my non-functional Hollis Explorer SCR's using the KISS Rebreathers Explorer CCR conversion kit. I had the work done by AddHelium in Ft Lauderdale and was taught by Doug Ebersole. The conversion itself was a fairly painless process, and once added to a PO2 monitor and dive computer (I used the hard wired Divesoft Freedom CCR), you're ready to dive. It's still a recreational unit, but being compact and light added to the simplicity of a mechanical CCR I'm really happy with it.

As of today I've only dives about 10 hours on the unit, set up is quick (now) and everything is how one would expect for a compact CCR. What does this mean? Well from my perspective it means that I've breathed new life into the dead Hollis and if anything I've upgraded too. There is a realistic option to get these units reworking which means you don't need to write off the total investment. I'm therefore relatively happy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom