Hollis future support for Prism 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interestingly the first CIS Lunar Mk 5 radial scrubber I ever laid eyes on was being used in a meg as they are a drop in replacement for the meg axial. There was no meg radial in existence at that time (2004). I was taking my cave training with the guy in the picture above.

KISS made a custom Sidekick for Kakuk that accepts that scrubber as well. I'm working with the company that made the membrane now on another project for work and once we are done with that, I'm going to squeeze the development guy into putting the membrane on their lab scale machine to get some sheets out for some scrubber development work with an unnamed CCR manufacturer. Should be really good

Does anyone know a US retail supply for the Hollis BOV exhaust cover? I was unscrewing one of the hoses with my right hand, BOV held in the left and the cover snapped off. I thought I might have been a bit firm in gripping the BOV but on examination there are several stress cracks and crazes on the cover (and in fact on the BOV body) so it was going to happen regardless. It broke at the two screw on points, both of which I have epoxied back on as a temporary fix.
As an aside, maybe the black Hollis BOV (for the Prism) is more resilient that the white Explorer one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom