Hollis SMS 75 Fitment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shae Guivarra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey fellow divers! I’m just wondering if anyone would know if a XXL Hollis SMS 75 would be able to fit a small/medium person? I’m a pretty skinny and tall guy and there’s a SMS 75 that’s really cheap and I was just curious if I could make this fit me either by shortening the straps or cutting/tucking them?

I had one when I was doing SM last year and I am trying to remember. I’m not sure. If you were able, it would be quite the project. Can you get a look at it in person?

Definitely agree to not bother at all if you’re diving aluminums.

Is
I had one when I was doing SM last year and I am trying to remember. I’m not sure. If you were able, it would be quite the project. Can you get a look at it in person?

Definitely agree to not bother at all if you’re diving aluminums.
Are they a nightmare to get good trim with Aluminiums?

Is

Are they a nightmare to get good trim with Aluminiums?

It’s a Florida-style rig, made to be used with steel tanks. I dove it with steels with no problems. It doesn’t work very well with aluminums. Difficult to trim them out. If you’re doing aluminums, I don’t care how cheap the SMS75 is, you’ll have more frustration than you want. Get something else for aluminums. Period.

It’s a Florida-style rig, made to be used with steel tanks. I dove it with steels with no problems. It doesn’t work very well with aluminums. Difficult to trim them out. If you’re doing aluminums, I don’t care how cheap the SMS75 is, you’ll have more frustration than you want. Get something else for aluminums. Period.
Thanks for the advice ! I’m currently in the market for new tanks so I’ll grab a pair of steels

Price is really good and do you mean it will feel large because of the xxl size or because thats the BCD in general? I’ll be doing open water SM and wreck diving

What is it going for and what do they run new in your region? Here in the US, they go for $700 new and around $350-450 used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom