Home improvement store clips vs bolt snaps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He didn't abandon his buddy. His buddy abandoned him. Not sure if it was the plan or not, but a lot of the doria diver planned to effectively solo dive even if they had nominal buddies. Most of the accidents I've read accounts of start with someone not showing up at the deco stop, not someone having trouble at the bottom and their buddy being unable to resolve it. Penetration of the Doria is a very damn serious dive and you can't make too many mistakes at >200 ft whether you are diving solo or as a team.

I just don't see the logic in using something that is known to possibly cause problems when you can just as easily and at no greater expense use something that is not problematic.

In 30+ yrs have never, ever dropped anything heavy on my foot in a barn, and I think that's really a construction site type of problem. But when working in a barn I wear boots with steel toes nonetheless. But sure, this my choice. We all need to make own choices - and leave others in peace who make different choices.
In fairness, in 30 years you never dropped an object that could crush your foot, but the one time it happens, there is no substitute.

Mr O. may well have said the same about his carabiner... except for that one time. You probably had a time or two when the foot wear made the difference, and it was such a non event you didn't even notice. It's hard to count all the times everything goes right, much more is learned from the ones that don't...

In 30+ yrs have never, ever dropped anything heavy on my foot in a barn, and I think that's really a construction site type of problem. But when working in a barn I wear boots with steel toes nonetheless. But sure, this my choice. We all need to make own choices - and leave others in peace who make different choices.

I was helping out build a studio in my cousin's backyard when one of the builders nailed his toe to the roof: accidentally shot the nailgun. Through a steel toecap. Removing the nail was apparently an... interesting exercise for everyone involved. They couldn't even X-ray it to see where the nail went.

I have a couple of these, though at this particular moment, I've had no need to put them on my BCD. For those who aren't familiar, they're locking. Of course, no doubt I will still DIE!!!!!.

Redirect Notice

I have a couple of these, though at this particular moment, I've had no need to put them on my BCD. For those who aren't familiar, they're locking. Of course, no doubt I will still DIE!!!!!.

Redirect Notice

They look interesting. I think that they make those specifically for BCDs too. I've seen them in the Innovative catalog.

How would you mount yours horizontally on a BCD strap. It's made for 1" strap, correct? Looks like it's meant for a vertical mount.

They look interesting. I think that they make those specifically for BCDs too. I've seen them in the Innovative catalog.

How would you mount yours horizontally on a BCD strap. It's made for 1" strap, correct? Looks like it's meant for a vertical mount.

They work best on a MOLLE grid. On a plain 1" strap you better tie them to it: they won't stay (ask me how I know).

Here's what used to be a zeagle utility pouch with one of those and another molle thingy: 20170816_093451.jpg
The whole pouch is an entanglement hazard of course.

Everything is an entanglement hazzard. The worst of which is the line from a dive flag.

Everything is an entanglement hazzard. The worst of which is the line from a dive flag.

I think the split in split fins might be worse.

Back
Top Bottom