Home Owners Association - Going Ballistic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This stuff really frosts me. I don't know why. Maybe its remembering a friend whose family bought a home in one of these ghettos that found out after they moved in that the HOA was requiring them to put in an underground lawn sprinkler system that the previous owner did not have to do. THey were there before the HOA buttwipes came into existence. Something like 10,000 dollars, and then they had to use one certain lawn cutting service that kept all the lawns at the same height. Lazy yuppie bastards too busy snorting coke and screwing each others wives to cut their own grass. These places truly are ghettos and projects. If youy cannot do as you wish with your home you live in a project. If all the people are of the same socio-economic level and have this idea that everyone should look the same and you are not allowed to make improvements without HOA ( horde of assholes) approval it is a ghetto. I've heard of ones that objected to someone flying too big of an american flag in their yard. THose are the ones that need to have someone buy a place then move a large family of immigrants in. Ones that keep chickens, goats, and sacrifice to some pagan god every other sunday. You also need to tell them to go back to the trailer parks they most likely grew up in and shut TF up.

:spit:

God I hope I never live next door to you. :rofl3: Down the street maybe, just not next door. :rofl3:

I can assure you that no Florida law or by-laws exists which prohibits compressed gas on the premises. If there were, thousands of seniors on oxygen supplementation would be in a bad way right about now. Clowns on power trips as a poster mentioned earlier.

Lazy yuppie bastards too busy snorting coke and screwing each others wives to cut their own grass. .

Do you recall the name and location of that community. I really hate cutting grass.:eyebrow:

Do you recall the name and location of that community. I really hate cutting grass.:eyebrow:

:rofl3:

1) My tanks have everything but air in them.
2) If by compressed air they mean compressed gasses, get a medical prescription for O2 and let them fight it on medical grounds. Make sure all the people in the HOA know that the use of medical O2 is being banned. I’m sure there are a few on O2 in the complex.

HOA's are almost as bad as Historical Districts, which I will never live in

Ignoring in my opinion is bad advice. Don't play the game. Bring the covenants to lawyer along with her letter. Have him draft a response explaining the difference between a inspected and tested cylinder which are not referenced and a can of compressed air which are referenced. Also thank her for pointing out these hazards :D:D and that he will be sending a letter out to all the membership informing them that the covenants do not allow LP gas, hair spray, Pam or any other compressed gases contained in thin wall cans and that they will need to get rid of them or face fines. Should make her real popular.

This sounds like a reasonable and appropriate approach. Ignoring HOA can be a BIG mistake, and the assurance of a properly worded letter to the rest of the concerned citizens under tha HOA's jusrisdiction can be very heartwarming indeed.

And ... by ALL means ... be sure to "thank" the HOA person who broughht this to the fore-front.:rofl3:

I'm not sure I can add much to what's already been said, but ...

1. I like the idea of actually seeing what the CCRs say. It could be very expensive to run afoul of them.

2. I hate HOAs except to the extent they keep the neighbors from letting their homes get so run down that it devalues yours. (I'm not in a HOA and have this problem.)

3. I like the idea of a medical prescription for O2. It works for pets in a no-pet apartment in many places.

4. I really like the idea of religious sacrifices. Everyone seems to run scared of interfering with someone else's religious expression.

5. Depending on what the CCRs say (see #1), become very aggressive about complaining about anything that might violate them, e.g., propane, hair spray, etc. A friend says that the best way to screw up any system is to follow the rules to the letter.

HOA's are a royal pain. I had to fix a few things at my grandmother's condo and I had my truck backed into the driveway and tools in the garage and one of the neighbors complained I was making too much noise and that I was doing unauthorized work. I told the neighbor and the HOA freak that came over to take it up with my grandmother(who was out of the country at the time), and until they talked to her I was going to continue my work. Well I worked there for two weeks and they came by every day, and it came to the point that midway into the second week I actually called the cops on them for trespassing when they followed me into the house. Lets just say that they were given a long lecture from the cop and they left me alone and my grandmother never heard anything from them, that was until a few months later when I put up a full glass storm door.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom