Honest question about DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by otter-cat
But what if something happened ...and around I go again...
So I'm confused
...with proper training you'll pass the test.

Don't worry so much right now what color gear to buy... go for the hot pink stuff if you must... but before you plunk down the dough for any tech gear take a DIRF... and ask Andrew what colors you should wear to the party.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

...with proper training you'll pass the test.

Don't worry so much right now what color gear to buy... go for the hot pink stuff if you must... but before you plunk down the dough for any tech gear take a DIRF... and ask Andrew what colors you should wear to the party.

...I can't help but fret.

UP, I have in many threads read your good advice to others about waiting to buy equipment for tech diving until after DIRF. And it will be quite some time before I am able to take any courses OR buy any gear for technical diving. But I'm curious about it now, and the questions from my last post remain my questions now.

I really want to know about DIR and tech diving in general, and why the stuff is all dark. I'd ask the same questions about motorcycle riding gear...but I already KNOW that in that case it's all about image. I find it hard to believe that tech divers, would fall for that if there was a safety advantage to be gained by something as simple as using color in the material of their gear. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Who's Andrew?

otter-cat

I don't think that bright colors are really necessary. If you maintain proper buddy contact, you probably won't lose your buddy in the first place. Personally, I find colors on gear distracting. I'm not completely opposed to a little color here or there, just not an outrageous amount. All of my gear is black and I probably would not buy any gear that had colors...then again, black is one of my favorite colors anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom