Honeymoon dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check put Grenada and diving with Aquanauts. The head office (so to speak) for Aquanauts is True Blue Bay Resort, which I quite like but is not on the best area for beaching in Grenada. This is unfortunate indeed because beaches in Grenada are so beautiful.

Now all that said, you could stay at http://kalinagobeachresort.com/

It is on a beautiful bay and more quiet and somewhat secluded compared to Grand Anse. Contact Aquanauts and they will pick you up and take you to their secondary location at a hotel on Grand Anse (Spice Island Resort, I think?). There you'll hzve to wade out to board the boat but no big deal. After diving, they'll take you back to your hotel.

Grenada is such a beautiful island.

All that said, if you can't sit still, then True Blue Bay Resort may be the right place for you!

Sorry if this is a thread jack but I think it's a similar enough question to just put it here instead of making a new thread. The fiance and I are getting married next year in September and she wants to go to Hawaii (probably Big Island) for the honeymoon. Now, I'm in charge of planning the honeymoon and while Hawaii would probably be okay, I've heard the diving there is just so-so and expensive. I've been doing some credit card churning and have about $3000 in flights saved up so I'd rather find a place a bit more exotic with higher priced flights but hopefully cheaper diving/accommodations. Budget would probably be around $5-6k for the two of us including diving, but excluding the flights. Probably something land-based as I haven't been able to talk her into trying a liveaboard yet. We've done Coz twice (may go for a third time this fall) and just visited Bonaire a few months ago, so I would prefer something outside of the Caribbean. We've never dove outside of the Caribbean or Ohio. Thinking maybe Bali? We aren't really bar/club people, and I'm not really a people person in general, so somewhere that wouldn't be crowded with cruise shippers...
I think you should start a new thread in the same forum. I think it will elicit a number of different responses and suggestions. I wouldn't under sell the Big Island and Kona. It is a wonderful island with lots of top side variety and some excellent diving. September is an ideal time to be there. Water temps will be ideal. I was there last September for a week and had a lot of fun. The diving itself is a bit pricey. But, it would be well within your budget, if the plan is to be there for a week. Speaking of which, you didn't mention if your budget is for a week or 10 days or 2 weeks? That is going to make a big difference in terms of making suggestions. If you want to go to Bali or anywhere else in Asia or the South Pacific, then you definitely need 2 weeks and if you are looking at 2 weeks of travel accommodations, diving and food, then I am going to have a number of different suggestions. Give us a little more detail on how much time you are looking at for the honeymoon and if you are indeed looking at September/October timeframe and if ocean front accommodations with white sand beach is required or not and any other deal breakers.

If people are honest they'll tell you that Jamaica was all fished out for about a decade although they are making efforts at a comeback recently.

I also found diving in Jamaica pretty poor. Locals were down to fish-trapping pathetically small sized remnants of reef fish population.

Not sure why you grouped two negative comments about Jamaica into a quote, but didn't comment yourself.

I think it is important to note how large and varied an island Jamaica really is.

All our dives in Jamaica have been in Negril, and I can declare that since our first trip in 2003 the fish populations and sizes of individual fish have improved significantly, and the reefs continue to be healthy and colorful.

Not sure why you grouped two negative comments about Jamaica into a quote, but didn't comment yourself.

I think it is important to note how large and varied an island Jamaica really is.

All our dives in Jamaica have been in Negril, and I can declare that since our first trip in 2003 the fish populations and sizes of individual fish have improved significantly, and the reefs continue to be healthy and colorful.

Glad they’re improving it. That was over 10 years ago and it seemed pretty hopeless. Once you get a bad impression of a place you generally spend your precious time and money elsewhere. Still, probably dozens of places with better combination of diving, safety and honeymoon amenities. imho.

Back
Top Bottom