Hookah cap lanyard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duckbill

Contributor
Reaction score
For what purpose is the recessed ring on the top of the hookah cap on my DA Aqua-Master? The only reason I can think it would be there is for a lanyard, maybe for connecting to a big diving knife (testing 1...2...3... (inside joke)).
Does anyone have any idea why that ring is there?

If you look at the cap you will see it is made in two pieces. One is the threaded cap nut that is like a cap nut used for a common flare or ferrel tubing fitting and the inner piece is the actual plug that provides the seal. The two pieces are riveted together and the recessed ring is the rivet.

Thanks Captain, I had always wondered why?
Aloha Turtleguy

I had a look at your photo galary and enjyed viewing the scuba girls using two hose regulators. They look sexy. Any chance of taking shots of Tara, Thompson wearing highcut speedo swim suits while doing underwater ballet wearing the vintage gear?

Thanks Captain.
I realized the two part construction but thought there may have been more significance to the shape they chose for the exterior.

duckbill:
Thanks Captain.
I realized the two part construction but thought there may have been more significance to the shape they chose for the exterior.

There is, the blind plug is attached seperately, not machined in one piece with the nut, to allow a certain amount of flex. The plug orients itself and self seals. The shape of the rivet and washer are incidental to the attachment process.
Pesky

bergh:
I had a look at your photo galary and enjyed viewing the scuba girls using two hose regulators. They look sexy. Any chance of taking shots of Tara, Thompson wearing highcut speedo swim suits while doing underwater ballet wearing the vintage gear?

Aloha Bergh
Sounds like a fine idea, but I think that Tara is somewhere in the Virgin Islands now.
Perhaps if she returns to Hawaii?
Aloha
Turtleguy

Back
Top Bottom