Suggestion Hoosier Quarry Commando's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepchick:
Mostly Meister and next week I'm going with he and Mike Ray from DSIWest. It's really not that cold until I get out! At some point I think I will have to invest in a drysuit though!

I like Mike (never dove with him though)! Actually, I chatted with him on the phone last night! I'd like to go diving with Earl again.... it's been a loooooooong time!

erparamedic:
OMG... I have to say... my Indiana dive season goes mid-May thru Sept. Any diving after that is tropical! LOL And for those that dive wet this time of year.... (in my nicest, kindest regards!)..... You're nuts! LOL :D :wink:

Yeah, I've been told that already by quite a few people!:wink: I figure if this is the worst I can dive in and I enjoy it this much, everything else will be gravy!

erparamedic:
I like Mike (never dove with him though)! Actually, I chatted with him on the phone last night! I'd like to go diving with Earl again.... it's been a loooooooong time!

Well, I'm kinda their little project, I want to be an instructor and I have all the free time in the world so I can get through it pretty quickly. I used to be a firefighter/EMT so a lot of this is coming easy for me so they've taken me under their wings and are helping me achieve my lofty goal of becoming an instructor in a short time.

jeepchick:
Yeah, I've been told that already by quite a few people!:wink: I figure if this is the worst I can dive in and I enjoy it this much, everything else will be gravy!

That is very true! My West Palm dives were quite the treat!

What is the vis at BS this time of year? Summer mid-week, we can get 30+ feet easy. It's the best quarry, by far, in Indiana. People gripe about the entry fee being raised to $20... I'm game, if I can see where I'm going!

The other quarries, in the summer, are doing really good to get 6 feet of vis. Although, there's nothing like that summer braille dive! LOL

jeepchick:
Well, I'm kinda their little project, I want to be an instructor and I have all the free time in the world so I can get through it pretty quickly. I used to be a firefighter/EMT so a lot of this is coming easy for me so they've taken me under their wings and are helping me achieve my lofty goal of becoming an instructor in a short time.

Where were you a ff/emt at? Hubby and I spent 10 years on Wayne Twp! Do I know you?? LOL

Are you heading to FL for your advanced in March?

I'm highly considering it! I've been OW for 10 years... it's time to move on!

erparamedic:
That is very true! My West Palm dives were quite the treat!

What is the vis at BS this time of year? Summer mid-week, we can get 30+ feet easy. It's the best quarry, by far, in Indiana. People gripe about the entry fee being raised to $20... I'm game, if I can see where I'm going!

The other quarries, in the summer, are doing really good to get 6 feet of vis. Although, there's nothing like that summer braille dive! LOL

I'm going to West Palm in January and then to Vortex Springs in March. Looking forward to diving without all the crap on!

The vis has been anywhere from 20-30ft over the last week. It was a little less yesterday because it was dark from the cloudy/rainy day. It's been pretty good so far! I really like it there, but I don't have anything to compare it too really!

erparamedic:
Where were you a ff/emt at? Hubby and I spent 10 years on Wayne Twp! Do I know you?? LOL

I was a volunteer at Buck Creek Twp. in Hancock Cty. for 4 years and a volunteer/part timer at Fishers for 4 years. I did some training at Wayne, ummm Todd Taylor was my A shift battalion chief for a while. I think he went to Wayne?

jeepchick:
I'm going to West Palm in January and then to Vortex Springs in March. Looking forward to diving without all the crap on!

The vis has been anywhere from 20-30ft over the last week. It was a little less yesterday because it was dark from the cloudy/rainy day. It's been pretty good so far! I really like it there, but I don't have anything to compare it too really!

Who are you diving with in West Palm. We just got back last week. Dove with Pura Vida... and had a wonderful time! I highly recommend them, and they make sure you have a personal experience. www.puravidadivers.com

Are you doing Vortex for your advanced with DSI?

erparamedic:
Are you heading to FL for your advanced in March?

I'm highly considering it! I've been OW for 10 years... it's time to move on!

Yeah, doing my AOW in March in FL and then rescue when I get back is the plan. And, log as many dives as I can in between!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom