Hope to visit soon...All Inclusive or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misty89

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're hoping to visit soon (if the hurricanes will stay away)...and we don't usually like All Inclusive resorts. But given the current situation, would this be the best option? We'd prefer to stay somewhere like the Blue Angel and support local bars/restaurants. Only planning a 4-night trip, so we won't need a huge variety of places, but would like to know if we will have options.

For entertainment value, found this price while searching. Did the Barracuda get an update? :wink:

DC864D47-713F-4F5F-9325-92CEFD9B692C_4_5005_c.jpeg

$25K for a stay at the Barracuda? Ummm.... Is that a quote for a stay from now until the end of time? :D I wouldn't stay at the Barracuda if it were free. If they paid me to stay there... Maybe... Would depend on how much.

$25K for a stay at the Barracuda? Ummm.... Is that a quote for a stay from now until the end of time? :D I wouldn't stay at the Barracuda if it were free. If they paid me to stay there... Maybe... Would depend on how much.
25k US dollars???? Must be pesos.

I have been to the all-inclusive Fiesta Americana twice this year - once in March before the pandemic blew up, and a second time just a couple of weeks ago.

I think that you'll be safer at a reputable all-inclusive. At Fiesta Americana, all of the employees were wearing masks and face shield - without exception. The buffets were closed, and all restaurants had dining by scheduled reservation only with limited seating to maintain social distancing. The hotel has a dive shop on site (Dive House), so you don't have to travel outside of the resort.

Well, at we roughly 22:1 the price seems very high. Not sure what flights from Dallas are running these days but if you back out even $500 USD pp it's still about $333 per night for 2 people if I did that correctly. Ouch. Does not appear to include dives either.

Blue Angel over Barracuda any day. If you haven’t stayed at BA before and you’re a light sleeper ask for a bottom floor room. The street noise and those damn birds can be annoying. And the food at BA is good enough that for a 4 night trip, I could eat most meals at BA with only 1 or 2 trips into town for dinner. And that’s mostly because I have some in town places I don’t want to miss out on.

I see prices have come down. When I searched a week or so ago they were $10,500 per night and a two week stay was going to run 200 grand. I took that as a way of saying "we are not open" or that they were not taking bookings from that travel broker.

Hotel Barracuda is worth $60-70/nt and that was when DP was onsite so you could shore dive.

Blue Angel has an all-inclusive option. Just ask for a quote. The nice thing about the BA restaurant, it is never crowded and the food and service are really good! I am on my 6th day at BA right now and I have had all my meals at BA, except for a dinner out at Ohana's and Hemingway's.
BTW...Ohana's has awesome Chicago Style Pizza! Matt, the owner, is a DM at BA and he is from Chicago so he really takes pride in his authentic Chicago Style Pizza. He also makes his own peanut butter tequila that is popular. I am a non-drinker so I didn't try it.

I'd stay at Blue Angel. They do offer an all-inclusive but there are so many great restaurants in Cozumel...to include the one at Blue Angel.

so many great eating establishments that I would just do a breakfast deal....it would be a shame not experiencing the foods of the island...we Do AI in December due to a group, but we still head into town to eat a few nights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom